Last Sunday was another of the Academy’s open-lesson programs to introduce the Chinese martial arts to a wider audience. This seminar—open to Academy students—was attended by Phil, Michael, Cecy, Taylor, Kirk, and also new non-student friends. Additionally we had the honor of counting Sifu Linda among the Bagua walkers. Travis Rath helped with the teaching efforts and Jean Andrews acted as entertainment and food committee chairwoman. Other participants included some people with extensive Aikido training. In four hours everyone successfully learned and practiced eight core movements of the Bagua system; a few people got dizzy, there was a lot of laughter, and Sifu Linda asked very hard questions.
Interested in joining the Academy?Click HERE to watch a short video, and sign up for a FREE introductory class.
Academy of Martial & Internal Arts1570 Soquel Dr
(across from Dominican Hosp.)
Santa Cruz, CA 95065
- Joan Cross on Tea Time with Marcus McDonough
- Michael Otvos on Sunday Seminar: The 8 Bagua Animals
- Michael Otvos on Black Belt Award
- school on Making the Martial Arts Whole Again: A Half and Half Seminar
- Marc Zozaya on Making the Martial Arts Whole Again: A Half and Half Seminar