Interested in joining the Academy?Click HERE to watch a short video, and sign up for a FREE introductory class.
- school on Daily Neigong (Qigong) Routine
- Marc Michiels on Daily Neigong (Qigong) Routine
- German Garcia on Mat of Asphalt
- Mat of Asphalt ~ My Latest Feature for The Academy of Martial and Internal Arts – Gene Ching ~ musings & publications on Mat of Asphalt
- Harvey on The Role of Continuous Movement in Yang Style T’ai Chi Chuan
Tag Archives: santa cruz tai chi
Tai Chi For Health in Santa Cruz
Tai Chi for Health Get started or deepen your skills Meets twice a week for 3 months Tuesdays & Thursdays 9-10 a.m. Sept. 6 to Nov. 24 (we may adjust the final class date to accommodate Thanksgiving) Academy of Martial … Continue reading
Posted in Classes, Seminars, Tai Chi Tagged beginner tai chi, narrye caldwell, santa cruz tai chi, santa cruz taijiquan, Tai Chi, Tai Chi for health, Tai Chi Santa Cruz, Taijiquan, taijiquan santa cruz Comments Off on Tai Chi For Health in Santa Cruz
We’re starting to open up classes to new students! Interested in trying a class at our world-recognized Academy of Martial & Internal Arts? Click HERE to let us know.
The Simple Art of Breathing
This simple method of breathing works well for people practicing Chinese martial arts, Chinese medicine, meditation and what is commonly referred to as Qigong (Chi Kung). We call it simple, but it is also profound; as it relates the physical … Continue reading
Master Ted Mancuso, the proprietor of Plum Publications and founder of the Academy of Martial and Internal Arts, is my elder Kung Fu brother, or my Sihing (師兄) in Cantonese. We both trained in Northern Shaolin Kung Fu (Bak Sil … Continue reading
Tai Chi For Health, 3 month class starts January 8
• Learn a complete form in just three months • Traditional, fluid, moving meditation • Small Class, detailed instruction • Emphasis on correct posture and form for health, balance, and vitality • Authentic martial structure for strength and flexibility • … Continue reading
Posted in Classes, Events, Seminars, Tai Chi Tagged martial art of tai chi, santa cruz tai chi, santa cruz tai chi class, Santa Cruz Tai Chi workshop, santa cruz taijiquan, tai chi as martial art, Tai Chi Chaun, tai chi chinese medicine, tai chi class, tai chi class santa cruz, Tai Chi for health, tai chi for health class, Tai Chi Santa Cruz, Taijiquan Leave a comment
Tai Chi Straight Sword–Basics Class
Hoping for this class to return in January! For the first time, the Academy adds an 8 week Tai Chi Straight Sword class to our revolving workshop menu. If you are intrigued, in general, by the straight sword—it being one … Continue reading
What Do We Mean By “Martial”?
People get the wrong idea: when they hear “martial arts” they assume tournaments and grudge matches in caged environments. By the same token, they look quizzically at the ninety year old lady who proudly proclaims that she studies a martial … Continue reading